Explore our free resources for small business owners and entrepreneurs in Central Alberta.
Specialized Business Training:
- GoForth Institute – an online self-paced small business training program. The GoForth curriculum is included as part of SMARTstart, a new entrepreneur training program.
- Business Link - offers webinars and online training on a variety of business topics such as incorporation, bookkeeping, and social media marketing.
- Campus Alberta Central is a joint venture between Olds College and Red Deer College that provides post-secondary educational opportunities to communities throughout the central Alberta region.
- Entrepreneurs with Disabilities Program – this program offers access to funding towards coaching or training to people with disabilities or ongoing health conditions.
Government of Alberta Links
- Alberta Grants & Funding
- Alberta Investor Tax Credit (AITC)
- Alberta Small Business Resources
- Business and Economy
- Canada-Alberta Job Grant
- Community (Local) Economic Development
Government of Canada Links
- Business and Industry - including business grants and financing info
- Canadian Industry Statistics
- Innovation Canada
- BDC Young Entrepreneur - Business Development Bank of Canada's entrepreneurship opportunities for youth
- Futurpreneur Canada - Assisting young entrepreneurs to get their ideas off the ground, Youth Business offers programs and services that allow them to achieve economic independence, develop self-confidence, and fulfill their goals of self-employment.
- Youth Café - Government of Canada website for youth seeking employment opportunities.
- Aboriginal Youth Business Council
- Business Link Indigenous Services
- BDC Indigenous Entrepreneur
- Indigenous Services Canada
- Maskawisîw Women In Business Start Up Program
- Red Deer Native Friendship Society (RDNFS)
- Rocky Native Friendship Centre Society
Entrepreneurs with Disabilities
Francophone Economic Development Organization
Starting a business in a city (Calgary/Edmonton)
Business Link operates walk-in centres in Edmonton and Calgary. They offer information and advice about everything from start-up, regulations, financing and loan programs to marketing, product sourcing, e-business and government programs and services. They can also be reached via a toll-free business information line: 1-800-272-9675.
Let’s see what we can do for your business
Give us a call, send us an email, or drop in for a chat.