Let’s Work Together For Your Clients' Success
Partnering With Community Futures Grows A Prosperous Small Business Community
We know that it can be frustrating when an enthusiastic entrepreneur comes in, has a great business idea, however, the business can't get the funding they need to get started.
When a financial institution’s business lending policies don't allow for a prospective client to receive a lending product, we want to partner with you to ensure their success and help bridge that gap.
We do so by:
Helping them build a solid business plan by planning for the best case, average and worst case scenarios
Creating a marketing plan or expansion strategy
Providing one-on-one coaching, business consulting and mentoring
Partnering with us helps create community growth, jobs and economic diversification in the Central Alberta region.
Who Do We Partner With?
Banks / Financial Institutions
We bridge the financing gap and help your client launch or stabilize their business. Our primary goal is to make them more bankable, so that they can continue their journey with you.
Chambers Of Commerce & Rotary Clubs
Let’s collaborate together to host presentations, information sessions and to advance the training and skills of our business community.
Municipalities & Economic Development Committees
We’d love to work closer with you to develop a more prosperous business community and a stronger diversified economy.
Rural Economic Diversification
Rural Economic Diversification is the core of what we do. We work alongside community leaders and other key stakeholders to create Community Economic Development plans and implement projects that support value-added activity and expansion into new sectors.
We take the pulse of our business community and provide guidance on business retention and succession planning strategies.
Community Futures Central Alberta Spotlight
We are proud supporters of the Maskawisîw Women In Business Start Up Program! This program is designed to provide guidance, expertise, and mentoring at an early start-up phase of business to Indigenous women who are ready to explore business ownership opportunities.
- Alberta Chamber of Commerce - As the advocate for Alberta business, the Alberta Chambers of Commerce is your local resource for small business
- Alberta Innovates - Working to diversify Alberta’s economy, improve environmental performance and enhance the well-being of Albertans through research and innovation
- BDC - The only financial institution devoted exclusively to entrepreneurs
- Business Link - Alberta's entrepreneurial hub
- Business Works Central Alberta Self Employment Program - Helping self-employed entrepreneurs though a Government sponsored program that is free to clients
- Central Alberta Regional Innovation Network (CARIN) - Driving growth of the innovation ecosystem in Central Alberta by providing support to technology and knowledge-based companies
- Central Alberta Economic Partnership (CAEP) - Central Alberta’s economic development hub
- Central Alberta Access Prosperity - A not-for-profit economic development organization focused on promoting economic growth in the Central Alberta region
- Futurpreneur - Futurpreneur Canada provides ﬁnancing, mentoring and support tools to aspiring business owners aged 18-39
- Government of Alberta - Energy, agriculture, forestry, culture and other key sectors, and supports for business, trade and economic development.
Junior Achievement (JA) Southern Alberta - Junior Achievement is the link between education and the business world, giving youth the confidence and knowledge they need to define personal success, enhance their workforce readiness and pursue their dreams and aspirations.
Olds College - Everything we do at Olds College is done to advance all aspects of the agriculture industry. By transforming the agriculture industry, we will make the world a better place. All of our programs and actions align to our social purpose. It is the why behind everything we do
- Prairies Economic Development Canada - Prairies Economic Development Canada (PrairiesCan) is the department that diversifies the economy across the Canadian Prairies. PrairiesCan leads in building a strong, competitive Canadian economy by supporting business, innovation and community economic development unique to Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
- Rotary Clubs - Rotary is a global network of 1.4 million neighbors, friends, leaders, and problem-solvers who see a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change – across the globe, in our communities, and in ourselves.
I’d Love To Partner With Community Futures, What’s Next?
Partnering with us is easy. Simply reach out to us and we can provide you with tools to better serve your clients or members.
Community Futures Partners FAQs
We are a community-based developmental lender. Your business plan and loan applications are reviewed by experts in small business who understand our unique business climate. We will work with you to ensure your plan is sound, and we can apply flexible terms to meet your business needs. Our goals revolve around helping businesses succeed, not increasing shareholder profit.
We offer business planning and coaching for FREE and offer specialized small business training and programs often at no or very low cost.
Funded in Western Canada by Western Economic Diversification Canada, Community Futures has been supporting small business and rural economic diversification since 1986. There are 27 Community Futures offices in rural communities throughout Alberta, and a total of 267 across the country.